Arrives in 3-7 Business Days
NOTE: This edition (copyright 2000) was replaced by an updated and expanded edition in 2015 (see above), ISBN 978-1-892989-81-9.
Description of 1st edition: Learn how to structure the first six weeks of school to lay the groundwork for a productive year of learning. Discover how taking the time to build a solid foundation in the early weeks of school can pay off all year long in increased student motivation, cooperation, responsibility, and self-control.
This comprehensive guidebook for K-6 teachers features:
- Daily plans for the first three weeks and commentary about these plans at three grade levels: primary (K-2), middle (3-4), and upper (5-6)
- Detailed guidelines for:
- Building community
- Creating rules and teaching routines
- Introducing engaging curriculum
- Fostering autonomy
- Integrating social and academic learning
- Establishing high expectations for learning and behavior
- An extensive collection of games, activities, greetings, songs, read-alouds, and resources especially useful during the early weeks of school