Arrives in 3-7 Business Days
- Unleash the power of C# coding in Unity and the state of the art Unity rendering engine.
- Through this unique project-based approach, you will create 7-8 action-packed games from scratch.
- This assortment of games will take you on a fun-filled journey of becoming a full-fledged Unity game developer.
This book will help you to create exciting and interactive games from scratch with the Unity game development platform. We will build 7-8 action-packed games of different difficulty levels, and we'll show you how to leverage the intuitive workflow tools and state of the art Unity rendering engine to build and deploy mobile desktop as well as console games.
Through this book, you'll develop a complete skillset with the Unity toolset. Using the powerful C# language, we'll create game-specific characters and game environments. Each project will focus on key Unity features as well as game strategy development. This book is the ideal guide to help your transition from an application developer to a full-fledged Unity game developer
What you will learn
- Find out how to create exciting and interactive games using GUIs
- Prepare animations to be imported and exported
- Personalize your animation game with Unity's advanced animation system
- Work with different animation assets and components
- Customize the game by modifying the player properties and creating exterior environments
- Create, visualize, and edit animated creatures
- Familiarize yourself with best practices for Unity 5.x animation using iTween
- Design character actions and expressions
- Customize your game and prepare it for playin
About the Author
John P. Doran is a technical game designer who has been creating games for over 10 years. He has worked on an assortment of games in teams consisting of just himself to over 70 people in student, mod, and professional projects in different roles, from game designer to lead UI programmer. He previously worked at LucasArts on Star Wars: 1313 as a game designer. He later graduated from DigiPen Institute of Technology in Redmond, WA, with a Bachelor of Science in game design.
John is currently a part of DigiPen's Research and Development branch in Singapore in addition to DigiPen Game Studios. He is also the lead instructor of the DigiPen-Ubisoft Campus Game Programming Program, instructing graduate-level students in an intensive, advanced-level game programming curriculum. In addition to that, he also tutors and assists students in various subjects and gives lectures on C#, C++, Unreal, Unity, game design, and more.
He is the author of Unreal Engine Game Development Cookbook, Building an FPS Game in Unity, Unity Game Development Blueprints, Getting Started with UDK, UDK Game Development, Mastering UDK Game Development, and he cowrote UDK iOS Game Development Beginner's Guide, all available from Packt Publishing. More information about him can be found at http://johnpdoran.com.
Table of Contents
- 2D Twin-stick Shooter
- Creating GUIs
- GUIs Part 2 Clicker Game
- Mobile Endless Game Procedural Content
- Shooting Gallery Working with Animations and Tweens
- Side-scrolling Platformer
- First Person Shooter Part 1 Creating Exterior Environments
- First-person Shooter Part 2 Creating Interior Environments
- First Person Shooter Part 3 Implementing Gameplay and AI
- Building an In-Game Level Editor
- Finishing Touches