Arrives in 3-7 Business Days
Design, implement, and successfully manage your cloud storage using OpenStack Swift
About This Book
- Learn the fundamentals of cloud architecture and improve usability of your Cloud storage using OpenStack Swift
- Perform basic data transfers and access-control list management using REST APIs
- Illustrated with examples and Swift's latest features, this book is a complete guide to installing, managing, and administering your cloud storage and its capabilities
Who This Book Is For
If you are an IT administrator and you want to enter the world of cloud storage using OpenStack Swift, then this book is ideal for you. Basic knowledge of Linux and server technology is beneficial to get the most out of the book.
What You Will Learn
- Learn the intricacies of cloud storage and discover the new features of Swift
- Understand OpenStack Swift's architecture and install a multicluster environment
- Use new packaging techniques such as Docker
- Perform basic and advanced operations for day-to-day management using REST APIs
- Know how to choose the right hardware configuration for your needs
- Tune Swift for your particular workload and use case
- Explore new Swift interfaces such as Cinder and Sahara
OpenStack is a rapidly growing open source cloud software; and Swift is one such project. Swift allows users to build cloud storage with the help of inexpensive commodity hardware. With the latest OpenStack Juno release, developers and experts have access to hundreds of new features to build robust cloud infrastructures.
This book teaches you the fundamentals of cloud storage and OpenStack Swift and gives you the skillset to build and operate your own cloud storage. This book also explains the usefulness of OpenStack Swift for cloud storage and how it provides an architectural review of Swift. Next, the book covers the installation and management of Swift, along with other new topics including quality of service and storage policies. Hardware choice, Swift tuning, and use cases will round out your skills. This edition also features two new chapters covering OpenvStorage and Sahara. The book then demonstrates monitoring and new packaging methods, including Docker. Get a head start in the world of cloud storage using this content-rich book loaded with topics.