Arrives in 3-7 Business Days
Trusted for more than 15 years, the groundbreaking DO-WATCH-LISTEN-SAY has revolutionized social and communication intervention for children of all ages with autism spectrum disorder. Now a new edition is here, reimagined and expanded for the next generation of children and support teams.
Whether you're a professional already or in training to be one, this is the resource you need to address complex social and communication challenges for children with autism from ages 3 to 18. In one comprehensive volume, you'll have everything you need to conduct effective assessment, set goals and objectives for the child, plan interventions that work, ensure generalization of skills, and monitor progress. Immediately useful new additionsincluding a more extensive assessment tool and a system to monitor skill developmentmake this a cornerstone resource for every professional working with children and youth with autism.
- Expanded and revised assessment and intervention planning tool, with an emphasis on tracking generalization of new skills
- The very latest evidence-based practices and intervention approaches for enhancing social and communication skills
- New activity sheets with fun and motivating ways to teach social, communication, and community skills
- A look at how restricted and repetitive behaviors affect learning and development (one of the most underexplored areas of autism)
- Guidance on prioritizing goals and objectives, linking them to assessment, and designing interventions.
- New chapter on progress monitoring that includes a full data collection toolkit for tracking the generalization of social and communication skills
- Updated vignettes and extended case stories illustrating social and communication challenges characteristic of autism
PRACTICAL MATERIALS: Assessment tool; activities to build play and leisure, social, and communication skills; more than a dozen sheets to help monitor progress toward skill mastery and generalization.