Arrives in 3-7 Business Days
The bestselling core textbook on communication disorders is better than ever with this new third edition, thoroughly revised and based on updated ASHA standards. Covering a broad range of disorders and developmental levels, this text gives future professionals up-to-date guidance on evidence-based practice from more than 20 academics and working clinicians. Preservice SLPs and audiologists will get a comprehensive guide to contemporary clinical practiceone theyll use for the rest of their careers to provide the best possible services for people with communication disorders. An essential text for all students in clinical methods courses and a reliable reference for practicing professionals!
Access the NEW ONLINE COMPANION MATERIALS now!
ALL THE LATEST ON
- implementing evidence-based practice to improve client outcomes
- aligning everyday practice with the ASHA Code of Ethics
- collecting communication samples
- conducting effective assessment and implementing interventions
- understanding public policies that affect clinical practice
- ensuring sensitive and efficient clinical communications, including counseling clients, documenting findings, and recording treatment outcomes
- delivering services skillfully across settings, including homes, hospitals, and schools
- working with families from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds
- providing successful family-centered services
- making sound decisions about assistive technology
- New chapters on assessment, the role of research in clinical practice, communication sampling procedures, and cultural diversity
- Updated ASHA standards
- Coverage of new legislation and regulations
- New bases of evidence for the intervention chapter
- Updated clinical communication chapter with more coverage of electronic records and HIPAA compliance
- Expanded service delivery chapter that discusses the emerging roles of SLPs and AUDs.