Arrives in 3-7 Business Days
Now enhanced with new topics critical to effective practice, this second edition is the essential methods textbook for preservice professionals preparing to teach young children with disabilities in today's increasingly diverse and inclusive programs. Focusing on children birth to 5, this core text gives future professionals specific, evidence-based knowledge on what to teach and how to teach it, with practical methods that fit into naturally occurring activities and routines. The expert authors synthesize nearly a decade of new developments in this revised and expanded second edition, making this the most comprehensive, up-to-date methods textbook available for the new generation of early childhood special educators and interventionists.
THE CORE TEXT EVERY FUTURE PROFESSIONAL NEEDS:
- Prepares them for success in today's natural and inclusive environments
- Takes a non-categorical approach, so professionals can skillfully address challenges that cross a range of disabilities and ages
- Clear, explicit guidance on the best methods and procedures to use when teaching and conducting intervention
- Every chapter updated, including vital new information on hot topics and legislative changes
- Strong focus throughout the book on cultural competence
STUDENT-FRIENDLY FEATURES: Focus points, concise chapter summaries, challenging study questions, and realistic examples that illustrate the suggested techniques and strategies.
WITH NEW AND EXPANDED INFORMATION ON: blended practices assistive technology response to intervention legislative changes, including the new Part C regulations curriculum-based measures teaching children with autism resolving challenging behavior successful professional and family partnerships alternative assessment IFSP/IEP development the naturalistic curriculum model linking early learning standards to instruction progress monitoring milieu teaching activity-based instruction embedded instruction adaptations in natural settings cultural and linguistic diversity group instruction social skills and interventions early childhood transitions and more