Arrives in 3-7 Business Days
A For Dummies book from the foremost authority on desktop publishing and design is a dream come true. Dan Gookin, Bestselling Author of DOS For Dummies Desktop Publishing & Design For Dummies provides the reader with all the basics for successful design in a simple, step-by-step manner. Jill Robbins Israel, Editor-in-Chief, Technique Magazine
Includes Newsletter How-To Insert!
With all the desktop publishing software and books around, it seems like anyone can be a designer these days. But it's not so easy to whip up a well-designed brochure or newsletter without some guidance. Design guru Roger C. Parker reveals simple yet innovative techniques so you can create persuasive presentations, snazzy brochures, and informative newsletters all without using an expensive design firm. Ask for IDG Books' For Dummies Books, the Fun and Easy Way to Find Out about Computers. Also look for IDG Books' PCs For Dummies, 4th Edition, the fun and easy way to get started on your PC right away, and PageMaker 6.5 For Dummies, Internet Edition, the fast and friendly way to publish documents on the Web!
Inside, find helpful advice on how to:
- Apply basic design building blocks to any of the popular desktop publishing and page layout programs
- Choose the right computer hardware and software
- Scan photographs and place them on your page
- Take the mystery out of choosing the right typeface and type size for headlines, sub-heads, body copy, and captions
- Effectively use color in your publications and know what to avoid
- Set up your files correctly to avoid service bureau hassles
- Speak the language with a glossary of over 200 important design terms
- Save time and money with numerous efficiency tips
- Plus, a special insert that provides a step-by-step introduction to the process of creating a newsletter