Arrives in 3-7 Business Days
The Law of Healthcare Administration, Sixth Edition offers a practical examination of healthcare law from the management perspective. It is a thorough treatment of healthcare law in the United States, written in plain language for ease of use. The 2010 Affordable Care Act is given extensive coverage, focusing on the implications for corporate integrity programs, fraud enforcement, patients' access to care, and physician/hospital relations. Objectives, summaries, and discussion questions highlight important points in each chapter.
This edition features:
- Discussions of recent legal developments in high-profile areas, including liability of managed care organizations; challenges to tax-exempt status; and developments related to privacy, especially the HITECH Act and identity theft red flags
- A new chapter that tracks the history of healthcare and the historical foundations of health law
- Updated references to The Joint Commission standards
- An expanded glossary with on-the-page definitions
- A new suggested readings section