Arrives in 3-7 Business Days
Transplantation Nursing Secrets serves as a reference guide for nurses caring for solid organ transplant candidates, recipients and living donors. Each chapter is written by a clinician who is an expert in the care of this complex patient population. The book focuses on the pre- and post-operative periods and also addresses long-term issues such as infection, rejection, nutrition, healthy lifestyles, drug interactions and psychosocial adaptation. Information contained in each chapter reflects current practice based on literature reviews, outcomes of research and professional experiences. The goal of this book is to share best practices and pearls of knowledge accumulated by experienced transplant nurses, pharmacists, social workers and dieticians. Readers will gain insights into the multidisciplinary, comprehensive team approach necessary in the care of transplant candidates, recipients, and living donors.
- Engaging, interactive Q & A format
- Concise answers with valuable pearls, tips, memory aids, and secrets
- 25 succinct chapters written for quick review
- All the most important, need-to-know questions and answers in the proven format of the highly acclaimed Secret Series
- Thorough, highly detailed index