Arrives in 3-7 Business Days
Improve peoples quality of life throughPlanning for
For person-centered planning to succeed, people with intellectual and developmental disabilities need to live, work, and learn in their own communities. Professionals can make that happen with this book, a complete step-by-step guide to the easiest, most practical person-centered planning method available. Bringing professional services and interventions out of institutions and into natural environments, the research-supported PICTURE method
- Promotes individual choice. Professionals will get to know peoples specific goals and interests, support them in developing pictures of their desired future, and design a solid plan thatll help them get there.
- Gets people out in the real world. PICTURE helps professionals support peoples goals in community settings, where they can form meaningful friendships and develop knowledge and skills that lead to more autonomy and life enjoyment.
- Makes evaluation part of intervention. Continuous evaluation during the PICTURE processusing the objective, easy-to-use measurements included in the bookkeeps professionals consistently informed about what is and isnt working.
- Is ready to use. With PICTURE, theres no need to undergo additional training or purchase extra materialseverythings already included in this single volume.
- Welcomes the involvement of others. PICTURE helps professionals embrace the support of the persons family and friends and encourage community members to participate in inclusion.
To make the PICTURE method easy to implement, this manual includes all the practical tools professionals need: a helpful troubleshooting guide and evaluation exercises, as well as worksheets on assessing quality of life, ensuring good teamwork, and overcoming barriers to person-centered planning. A must for every member of the person-centered planning team, this guidebook is key to helping people with disabilities pictureand achievelives that are more fulfilling, independent, and consistent with their goals and dreams.