Arrives in 3-7 Business Days
Now with 27 NEW handouts and the Spanish translations users have been asking for, the revised edition of this popular book offers a fresh, practical approach to teaching struggling students in elementary through high school. Applying their expert knowledge of how children learn, the authors developed more than 75 highly effective intervention handoutsideal for teachers to use in the classroom and share with parents for use at home.
This second edition is set up like the first: A short questionnaire helps school psychologists pinpoint students' strengths and needs, and teachers use the handouts to address the areas that need work. Photocopiable and easy to print from the convenient new CD-ROM, the handouts in this edition
- fit perfectly with RTIgive teachers a clear and easy way to help struggling students and take next steps if more intervention is needed
- improve skills in specific academic areas such as reading, writing, spelling, and math
- build foundational skills such as attention, self-control, memory, and good listening
- work equally well for an entire class, small groups, or individual students
- help students with a wide range of learning challenges, including learning disabilities, sensory issues, and emotional or behavioral problems
- enhance the home-school connectionboth teachers and parents can use the handouts to help children make progress in areas of concern
Each intervention handout is ready to use: it clearly describes the skill involved, indicates which children should use the intervention, and suggests easy-to-implement strategies. And because the handouts were developed around the four cognitive areas in Dr. Naglieri's well-respected PASS theoryPlanning, Attention, Simultaneous processing, and Successive processingusers can be sure they're getting proven, reliable approaches to solving students' academic challenges.
The intervention guide that school psychologists and educators will use and share with parents year after year,Helping Children Learn is the lifeline struggling students need to overcome barriers to learning and achieve long-term school success.
- 27 all-new handouts
- Spanish translations of 33 key handouts
- CD-ROM for easy printing of all handouts
- Updates to reflect new research and best practices in key areas such as reading, executive functioning, and writing