Arrives in 3-7 Business Days
Your new CDI specialist starts in a few weeks. They have the right background to do the job, but need orientation, training, and help understanding the core skills every new CDI needs.
Don't spend time creating training materials from scratch. ACDIS' acclaimed CDI Boot Camp instructors have created The Clinical Documentation Improvement Specialist's Complete Training Guide to serve as a bridge between your new CDI specialists' first day on the job and their first effective steps reviewing records.
The Clinical Documentation Improvement Specialist's Complete Training Guide is the perfect resource for CDI program managers to help new CDI professionals understand their roles and responsibilities. It will get your staff trained faster and working quicker.
This training guide provides:
- An introduction for managers, with suggestions for training staff and guidance for manual use
- Sample training timelines
- Test-your-knowledge questions to reinforce key concepts
- Case study examples to illustrate essential CDI elements
- Documentation challenges associated with common diagnoses such as sepsis, pneumonia, and COPD
- Sample policies and procedures
Table of Contents
- Manager's introduction: Suggested training manual use and additional options
- Clinical documentation improvement
- Healthcare reimbursement
- Coding regulations and guidance
- DRG concepts
- Query compliance, policies, and procedures
- Documentation opportunities for common diagnoses
- Clinical appeals
- Monitoring the clinical documentation improvement program