Arrives in 3-7 Business Days
Special Tests for Orthopedic Examination has been used for 10 years by thousands of students, clinicians, and rehab professionals and is now available in a revised and updated third edition. Concise and pocket-sized, this handbook is an invaluable guide filled with the most current and practical clinical exam techniques used during an orthopedic examination.
Special Tests for Orthopedic Examination, Third Edition takes a user-friendly approach to visualizing and explaining more than 150 commonly used orthopedic special tests, including 11 new and modern tests.
Readers benefit from the spiral, lay-flat binding and new color elements. Clear and concise text is coupled with effective photographs, clearly labeled with directional arrows, to illustrate proper subject and clinician positioning and directional movement.
Jeff G. Konin, Denise Wiksten, Jai Isear, and Holly Brader have organized Special Tests for Orthopedic Examination, Third Edition by regions of the body, allowing the reader to quickly and easily reference a particular test.
Students, clinicians, and rehabilitation professionals alike will benefit from adding this classic text to their reference library today.
- Eleven new tests, including the Dial Test, Lateral Scapular Slide Test, Crank Test, and Posterior Impingement Test.
- Descriptive text presented in a concise manner.
- Evidence-based references for each test.
- Detailed descriptions of each special test component: test positioning, action, and positive findings.
- Photographs illustrating the proper subject and clinician positioning, with color arrows used to depict proper force and direction for each test.
- User-friendly spiral, lay-flat binding.
- Positive results and special considerations identified for each test as they relate to the examination process.