Arrives in 3-7 Business Days
One of the most recognized and respected texts in rehabilitation for nearly two decades, Patient Practitioner Interaction: An Experiential Manual for Developing the Art of Health Care has been updated into a substantial fourth edition that includes the latest information on the relationship between the patient and the practitioner.
Dr. Carol Davis, along with contributions from three of today's leaders, has written this fourth edition to assist health care professionals in learning about themselves. Patient Practitioner Interaction is filled with information designed to help improve personal interaction and communication skills, specifically when dealing with difficult circumstances. Students and professionals are instructed on the finer points of how to learn about the patients with whom they will come in contact as well as the challenges of interacting with therapeutic presence in the ever-changing world of health care under demanding circumstances.
Patient Practitioner Interaction, Fourth Edition offers students and professionals a chance to explore self-awareness and how their communication patterns and values were originally developed. This practical and user-friendly resource encourages the use of reflection and problem solving skills to achieve professional maturation and explains how the nature of their own decisions and values affects their attitudes and actions toward others.
The updated fourth edition of Patient Practitioner Interaction, by Dr. Carol Davis, will guide health care professionals to promote the healing process in patients and their loved ones through sensitivity and improved communication. This renowned text is a proven essential and belongs on the bookshelf and in the minds of every physical therapy student and health care professional.New to this Fourth Edition:
- Cultural awareness and sensitivity material is expanded to include results of work done with physical therapy and medical students.
- Ethical dilemmas that reflect unrealistic demands on the part of institutions and managed care.
- Exercises at the end of each chapter assist the students to personalize and interact with the content.
- New material on calming hostile patients and visitors.
- Contemporary examples and updated vignettes to reflect modern-day practice.
- Updated chapters that reflect current theory and practice.
- Workbook format with space for reflection and interaction.
- Thought-provoking, realistic case studies to better illustrate concepts and situations and to help develop solutions for difficult and stressful situations.
- Includes the Feeling Wheel, which offers a framework that delineates and identifies the six basic feelings.