Arrives in 3-7 Business Days
Covers the history of twelve important diseases and addresses public health responses and societal upheavals.
- Chronicles the ways disease outbreaks shaped traditions and institutions of Western civilization.
- Explains the effects, causes, and outcomes from past epidemics.
- Describes a dozen diseases to show how disease control either was achieved or failed.
- Makes clear the interrelationship between diseases and history.
- Presents material in a compelling, clear, and jargon-free prose for a wide audience.
- Provides a picture of the best practices for dealing with disease outbreaks.