Arrives in 3-7 Business Days
Praise for the second edition:
Norbert's gift as a photographer is his great curiosity about the natural world. His magic is displayed in photographs that weave light, color and action into a tapestry that tells volumes about life in the Far North. -- National Geographic Magazine
Highly recommended. -- Library Journal (starred review)
The polar bear is the largest terrestrial carnivore in the world, uniquely adapted to thrive in the harsh environment of the Far North. In The World of the Polar Bear, renowned nature photographer Norbert Rosing follows the polar bear through each season of the year.
This timely third edition has been fully updated and features more than 20 terrific new photographs. With its thorough and engaging text and spectacular photography, The World of the Polar Bear includes:
- A season-by-season account of the life of the polar bear, including feeding, mating and rearing of cubs
- A new chapter featuring the polar bears of Svalbard, Norway
- An intimate look at the animals that share the polar bear's environment, including seals, arctic foxes, walruses and muskoxen
- A section on such northern sky phenomena as sun dogs and northern lights
- Many anecdotes and insights about the polar bear -- at once a loving parent, a fierce predator and a natural jester
Polar bears are seriously threatened by global warming, and this book continues to explore this critical issue.
The World of the Polar Bear is quite simply the best book ever published on the polar bear.