Arrives in 3-7 Business Days
A tennis tune-up for players of all skill levels.
From the serve, ground strokes and volleys to the smashes, lobs and drop shots, this unique coaching manual illustrates each stroke from five angles: front, back, left, right and above. In this all-around skills guide, tennis pro John Littleford delivers expert guidance to identify accurate positioning of feet, body and the racquet -- just like having a personal pro watching, correcting and coaching every swing.
Tennis Strokes and Tactics features step-by-step analysis and multi-angle photography that illustrates how to:
- Track the ball to the racquet head using hand-eye coordination
- Maintain correct posture and good footwork
- Establish correct and comfortable grips
- Hit a forehand with great topspin
- Master the secrets of the backhand -- one-handed and two-handed
- Control the ball with power on volleys
- Serve with more speed, spin and deception
- Return serve with more punch and accuracy
- Use the lob and drop shot as devastating offensive weapons
- Master an accurate and powerful overhead smash
- Move across the court more fluidly for greater efficiency.
Tennis Strokes and Tactics also includes a comprehensive section on effective tactics and strategies for singles and doubles play. Using this innovative guide, tennis players of any level will improve their game.