Arrives in 3-7 Business Days
Most reports indicate there are 1.6 million different private nonprofit organizations in the United States and tens of thousands of new positions open in youth, human service, and other nonprofit organizations each year. Leading and Managing Nonprofit Organizations presents information relevant to a number of competencies required to be leaders/managers in these organizations. This text provides opportunities to develop skills in these competency areas through classroom activities, simulations, and service learning projects. The competencies selected to be discussed in this NEW 3rd edition was done through surveys and reports developed by the Nonprofit Academic Centers Council (NACC) and the Nonprofit Leadership Alliance (NLA).
Leading and Managing Nonprofit Organizations features:
- a discussion of the history, purpose, and importance of the nonprofit sector throughout history.
- information on staff, board, and volunteer development as well as developing programs from beginning to end.
- an overview of financial processes and the importance of risk management.
- theories related to organizational development and support.
- tips on acquiring a career in the nonprofit sector including developing effective resumes, cover letters, and interview and networking techniques.