Arrives in 3-7 Business Days
Everything you neeEverything you need to enjoy the Mystic River basin - one of the most overlooked and dynamic regions of Boston and New England!
- The towns that set the scene for the formation of America including Cambridge, Chelsea, Somerville, Malden, Medford, Winchester, Arlington, along with Boston & Charlestown.
- The backdrop for the Battle of Bunker Hill, Paul Revere's Ride, the Battles of Lexington & Concord, the Clipper ships, the Slave Trade, and even Amelia Earhart.
- Detailed instructions for self-guided kayak and biking trips.
- Tips for the best birding, hiking, touring and other recreational opportunities.
- Includes over 60 high resolution photos, historic illustrations, and maps including exclusive link to interactive Google Map.
- The ecological challenges facing this diverse environment.
Developed in conjunction of the Mystic River Watershed Association (MyRWA), the book includes both natural and human histories. You will gather amazing and unappreciated insights about some of the most influential towns in New England - Cambridge, Chelsea, Somerville, Malden, Medford, Winchester, Arlington, along with Boston & Charlestown.
Just some of the things you will learn about include:
- in Chelsea, the Battle of Chelsea Creek, which set the scene for the Battle of Bunker Hill;
- in Arlington, the Jason Russell House, where the bloodiest fighting took place during the British retreat from Concord and Lexington;
- in Medford, the sites of the some of the most prolific rum-making and shipbuilding in Colonial America (including famous Clipper ships that conquered the China trade);
- in Winchester, the site of the Mystic Lakes, and transit for the Middlesex Canal, which enabled the industrial revolution;
- in Charlestown, the amazing Native American and pre-colonial history that preceded the Battle of Bunker Hill;
- Somerville, the companies that created American icons Marshmallow Fluff, NECCO Wafers, and even the first adjustable pipe wrench - the Stillson Wrench.