Arrives in 3-7 Business Days
No other textbook provides coverage of the essential concepts of disease processes and disorders with the specific needs of the physical therapy assistant in mind. Pathology for the Physical Therapist Assistant provides coverage of disease processes and systemic disorders as well as guidelines, precautions, and contraindications for physical therapy interventions. Catherine Goodman, Kenda Fuller, and Robbie OShea share their expertise in a consistent, well-organized approach that defines each disorder, describes the appropriate physical therapy assessment and intervention, and rounds out the discussion with relevant case study examples based on established practice patterns.
- Chapters follow a consistent organization, first defining a disorder and then describing the appropriate physical therapy assessment and intervention.
- Full-color art throughout clearly depicts pathologies and interventions.
- Case studies provide examples of physical therapy applications to help you connect theory and practice and build strong clinical reasoning skills.
- Special boxes highlight Clinical Signs, Interventions, and Case Studies to alert you to important information within the text.
- Terminology and language from the Guide to Physical Therapy Practice is used throughout to familiarize you with standardized terminology used in practice.
- A companion Evolve website provides additional online learning activities including online chapters, references linked to Medline, case studies, and self-test questions.