Arrives in 3-7 Business Days
Learn how to make sound ethical and legal decisions in practice with ETHICS AND LAW IN DENTAL HYGIENE, Second Edition. This book is written in the context of "real-world" situations that you will encounter on a regular basis in dental hygiene practice. The book is divided into three sections: ethics, law, and simulations and applications. The latter section contains 25 case studies with accompanying discussion and thought questions, along with testlets that mirror the style of the newly revised National Board Dental Hygiene Examination (NBDHE) and suggested activities. Appendixes include the recently revised American Dental Association (ADA) and American Dental Hygiene Association (ADHA) respective codes of ethics, making this the most up-to-date ethics book for dental hygiene currently on the market. With this expert guidance, youll be prepared to take the NBDHE and address ethical dilemmas in everyday practice.
- Real-world relevance of concepts helps you apply knowledge to everyday situations.
- Contributors are renowned leaders in dental hygiene education.
- Learning Outcomes and Key Terms at the beginning of each chapter provide a detailed list of the concepts to master.
- A new chapter, Social Responsibility and Justice,? covers timely issues such as access to care and disparities in oral health care.
- More case studies 25 total cover a wide range of situations.
- The latest information on HIPAA policies is discussed, and the newly revised ADA and ADHA codes of ethics are printed in their entirety.