Arrives in 3-7 Business Days
A lively, accessible and comprehensive introduction to the diverse ways of thinking about social life, Sociology: The Basics (second edition) examines:
- The scope, history and purpose of sociology.
- Ways of understanding society and the social.
- The state of the world we live in today.
- Suffering and social inequalities.
- Key tools for researching and thinking about society.
- The impact of the digital world and new technologies.
- The values and the role of sociology in making a better world for all.
The reader is encouraged to think critically about the structures, meanings, histories and cultures found in the rapidly changing world we live in. With tasks to stimulate the sociological mind and suggestions for further reading both within the text and on an accompanying website, this book is essential reading for all those studying sociology and those with an interest in how the modern world works.