Arrives in 3-7 Business Days
How can apps be used to foster learning with literacy across the curriculum? This book offers both a theoretical framework for considering app affordances and practical ways to use apps to build students disciplinary literacies and to foster a wide range of literacy practices.
Using Apps for Learning Across the Curriculum
- presents a wide range of different apps and also assesses their value
- features methods for and apps related to planning instruction and assessing student learning
- identifies favorite apps whose affordances are most likely to foster certain disciplinary literacies
- includes resources and apps for professional development
- provides examples of student learning in the classroom
A website (www.usingipads.pbworks.com) with resources for teaching and further reading for each chapter, a link to a blog for continuing conversations about topics in the book (appsforlearningliteracies.com), and more enhance the usefulness of the book.