Arrives in 3-7 Business Days
This all-inclusive text on teaching in nursing is by one of the pre-eminent nurse educators in the United States: Dr. Marilyn Oermann. The only book to focus on the full academic role, it is designed to provide graduate-level nursing students with all of the competencies essential for effective teaching. This evidence-based text encompasses both theoretical and practical information and includes content on teaching and learning, assessment and evaluation, curriculum development, using technology , teaching in simulation, learning lab and online courses, models for clinical teaching, scholarship and evidence-based education, and other components of the educator role.
Each chapter begins with goals and concludes with a content summary. Relevant research is cited to provide evidence for the concepts presented.. Chapters include practical examples of the methods and strategies presented and how to tips for readers. The book features an on-line teaching guide that includes PowerPoint slides, Case Examples, a Sample Course Syllabus, and Online Course Materials including chapters summaries, learner activities, discussion questions, and selected assessment strategies. In addition to her renown as a highly respected educator, Dr. Oermann has authored 14 books including Evaluation and Testing in Nursing and Education, Third Edition, Springer Publishing, 2013.
- Covers, in just one text, the complete span of theoretical and practical knowledge essential for effective teaching in nursing
- Written by renowned nurse-educators and authors
- Integrates relevant research and practical examples in each chapter
- Addresses the main test blueprint for CNE Certification Exam
- Strong focus on technology in teaching by experts in their fields, including chapters on:
- Integrating Technology in Education
- Clinical Simulations
- Teaching in Online Learning Environments
- Instructor resource includes: Course Syllabus, PowerPoint prsentations for each chapter, Online Course with 16 modules with summaries, learning activities, discussion questions, online resources, selected case studies, and assessment strategies