Arrives in 3-7 Business Days
When it comes to work these days, we're expected to do more with less--but is this nose-to-the-grindstone philosophy the best way to run a business? Alarmingly low employee engagement numbers indicate otherwise. So, if pushing everyone harder isn't the path to productivity, what is?
Supported by the latest research, this eye-opening book argues that our best work is the product of a positive environment. That's good news for you as a manager. While you can't personally transform the corporate culture, you can influence the workplace climate and create meaningful and lasting change.
Advocating a steward model of management, The Optimistic Workplace reveals how to:
- Explore personal and organizational purpose--and align them for astonishing results - Overcome resistance and skepticism
- Build camaraderie and deepen loyalty
- Increase intrinsic motivation
- Help your team find meaning in their work
- Identify goals collaboratively and track progress
Far from being a wish-upon-a-star discussion of workplace happiness, this book presents an array of surprisingly simple strategies as well as practical 30-, 60-, and 90-day plans designed to focus your actions and make employee optimism not just a worthy goal--but a real and measurable result.