Arrives in 3-7 Business Days
The Sake Handbook is the foremost guide to the history, brewing, and distinctive flavors of sake.
Just what are jizake, namazake and ginjoshu? The Sake Handbook answers all these questions and much more about sake wine and will help you enjoy Japan's national beverage in style.
Author John Gauntner is recognized as the world's leading non-Japanese sake expert. A longtime Japan resident, he is well known among sake brewers and others within the sake industry. He wrote the Nihonshu Column in the Japan Times for many years before writing a weekly column on sake in Japanese for the Yomiuri Shimbun, Japan's and the world's most widely distributed Japanese newspaper. In 2006, John received the Sake Samurai award. He has published five books on sake including Sake Confidential
This sake book features:
- This new edition has been completely revised and updated
- Gives you all the information you need in a handy, portable format
- Offers a detailed explanation of the sake brewing process
- Reviews over a hundred sake brands, with illustrations of their labels for easy identification
- Profiles over 50 Japanese izakaya or pub-style restaurants in Tokyo and the surrounding environs
- Lists specialty shops in Japan where you can purchase hardtofind Japanese wine brands
- Lists specialty retailers in the United States and elsewhere