Arrives in 3-7 Business Days
Here's the essential resource for the in-depth information that Advanced Practice Nurses need to safely and effectively prescribe medication. Focusing on applying pharmacologic scientific knowledge to clinical practice, it explains diagnostic and treatment reasoning and rational drug selection, while providing useful clinical pearls from experienced practitioners. The use of a Rational Drug Selection process enables practitioners to understand how to prescribe the right drug...for the right patient...at the right time! The 2nd Edition has been comprehensively revised and updated throughout to reflect the latest scientific and clinical knowledge. It's the only text that meets all AACN/NONPF criteria.
- Discusses the application of advanced pharmacotherapeuticsto the real world of clinical practice.
- Uses easy-to-understand illustrations of drug physiologyand how drugs work in the body.
- Features tables that detail commonly used drugs,pharmacokinetics, drug/food interactions, dosage schedules, and available dosage forms.
- Highlights highlight potentially useful drugs currently inclinical trials in On the Horizon boxes.
- Provides tips on how to evaluate new drugs from theliterature provided by drug representatives.