Arrives in 3-7 Business Days
Use this newly developed family-oriented approach to be a better youth worker!
In A Child and Youth Care Approach to Working with Families, practitioners and trainers in a new child methodology show you how to expand your youth program to involve family work using the Child and Youth Care Approach. This book provides a new way of looking at work with families in which the helpers are involved in the daily life of the families they are supporting. This book will be valuable to practitioners and instructors of the Child and Youth Care Approach as well as to youth workers, foster parents, and social workers who want to develop their own knowledge and skills in working with families.
A Child and Youth Care Approach to Working with Families is designed to help youth care workers engage in a working relationship with young people and families that can facilitate change and allow families to live together more effectively with less stress. This book emphasizes that the family be involved in the care and treatment of young people. The authors reveal methods for connecting with each family by reflecting their rules, roles, culture, rhythm, timing, and style.
This book will help you:
- develop your proficiency with the Child and Youth Care Approach to working with families
- shift from working in residential-only programs to in-home family prevention
- create as many moments of connection as possible among family members
- learn what boundaries need to be maintained to gain credibility with families
- provide effective supervision for staff working with families
- create activity-oriented family-focused work to develop family relationships
- and more!
All royalties from this book will go to support CYC-Net (www.cyc-net.org).