Arrives in 3-7 Business Days
In the real world, caseloads include clients with substance abuse, psychiatric, and co-occurring disorders. Here you'll find reliable information and informative case examples to help you manage your caseload more effectively!
Caseloads that include mental health, substance use, and co-occurring disorders are becoming more and more common, yet most texts in this area focus on one specific type of disorder. This unique handbook reflects the reality facing mental health and substance abuse professionals in their daily practices, focusing on how to effectively manage caseloads that include individuals with vastly differing levels of functioning. Providing diagnostic criteria, treatment regimens, and a great deal more, Treating Co-Occurring Disorders: A Handbook for Mental Health and Substance Abuse Professionals is an exceptional single source for useful information on handling all of these types of cases and clients.
Treating Co-Occurring Disorders: A Handbook for Mental Health and Substance Abuse Professionals describes the psychiatric and substance use disorders that commonly co-occur and examines the evolution of co-occurring concepts and treatment. It provides an overview of relapse prevention and symptom management models for use with clients with co-occurring disorders and another covering mental health and substance abuse recovery movements.
Treating Co-Occurring Disorders: A Handbook for Mental Health and Substance Abuse Professionals will bring you closer to topics that impact day-to-day practice, including:
- conducting comprehensive assessments for individuals with psychiatric and substance use symptoms
- providing individual, group, family, and case management interventions for clients of differing levels of function who exhibit psychiatric and substance abuse symptoms
- identifying standard interventions for all clients with co-occurring disorders
- measuring change and establishing reasonable treatment outcome performance standards for these clients
- supervising staff who work with multifarious caseloads
Tables, figures, and a generous portion of intriguing case descriptions will help you apply the information in this useful volume to your own work.