Arrives in 3-7 Business Days
CliffsStudySolver Biology is for students who want to reinforce their knowledge with a learn-by-doing approach. Inside, youll get the practice you need to master biology with problem-solving tools such as
- Clear, concise reviews of every topic
- Practice problems in every chapterwith explanations and solutions
- A diagnostic pretest to assess your current skills
- A full-length exam that adapts to your skill level
Easy-to-understand tables and graphs, clear diagrams, and straightforward language can help you gain a solid foundation in biology and open the doors to more advanced knowledge. This workbook begins with the basics: the scientific method, microscopes and microscope measurements, the major life functions, cell structure, classification of biodiversity, and a chemistry review. You'll then dive into topics such as
- Plant biology: Structure and function of plants, leaves, stems, roots; photosynthesis
- Human biology: Nutrition and digestion, circulation, respiration, excretion, locomotion, regulation
- Animal biology: Animal-like protists; phyla Cnidaria, Annelida, and Arthropoda
- Reproduction: Organisms, plants, and human
- Mendelian Genetics; Patterns of Inheritance; Modern Genetics
- Evolution: Fossils, comparative anatomy and biochemistry, The hardy-Weinberg Law
- Ecology: Abiotic and biotic factors, energy flow, material cycles, biomes, environmental protection
Practice makes perfectand whether you're taking lessons or teaching yourself, CliffsStudySolver guides can help you make the grade.
Author Max Rechtman taught high school biology in the New York City public school system for 34 years before retiring in 2003. He was a teacher mentor and holds a New York State certificate in school administration and supervision.