Arrives in 3-7 Business Days
From Richard K. Neumann, Jr., and Sheila J. Simon;both widely respected for their contributions to legal writing;comes the Second Edition of Legal Writing, a student-friendly text that provides concise yet complete coverage of office memos, motion memos, and appellate briefs. An informal writing style coaches students through the process of writing and the use of policy and storytelling to craft an argument. Each chapter provides exercises and checklists for practice and review.
The updated Second Edition introduces three new chapters that expand coverage to include client advice letters, email memoranda, and standards of review. An expanded appendix includes new and updated reference material. A robust website now has more interactive exercises.
Legal Writing continues to offer:
- succinct explanations that don't sacrifice coverage
- step-by-step guidance through the process of writing
- manageably short chapters that focus on essential skills
- focused treatments of office memos, motion memos, and appellate briefs
- strong coverage of the process of writing, the use of policy, and storytelling in fact statements
- clear instruction for how to use the CREAC formula
- a dynamic website that provides
- interviews with lawyers, law students, and teachers about writing
- visual and entertaining lessons and illustrations
The revised Second Edition features:
- three new chapters
1. Client Advice Letters
2. Email Memoranda
3. Handling Standards of Review
- four new appendices:
- enhanced website features
LOOKING FOR ADDITIONAL RESOURCES TO HELP YOU IN LEGAL WRITING? TRY EXAMPLES & EXPLANATIONS: LEGAL WRITING 2011 EDITION (9780735597303) --ONE OF MANY GREAT STUDY GUIDES FROM WOLTERS KLUWER LAW & BUSINESS.