Arrives in 3-7 Business Days
This popular textbook provides a concise, but comprehensive, overview of health research as an integrated, problem-solving process. It bridges the gap between health research methods and evidence-based clinical practice, making it an essential tool for students embarking on research. Practitioners also benefit from guidance on interpreting the ever-expanding published research in clinical and scientific journals, to ensure their practice is up to date and evidence-based and to help patients understand information obtained online.
"This textbook would be of interest and value both to undergraduate and post-graduate students also." Reviewed by Dr. Richard Ellis on behalf of the New Zealand Journal of Physiotherapy, January 2015
"..excellent at giving an introduction and overview into research methods." Reviewed by Tobias Bremer on behalf of InTouch, July 2015
- Uses simple language and demystifies research jargon
- Covers both quantitative and qualitative research methodology, taking a very practical approach
- Gives examples directly related to the health sciences
- Each chapter contains a self-assessment test so that the reader can be sure they know all the important points
- Provides an extensive glossary for better understanding of the language of research
Online interactive self-assessment tests:
- Multiple choice questions
- True or false questions
- Short answer questions
Log on to evolve.elsevier.com/Polgar/research and register to access the above assets.