Arrives in 3-7 Business Days
This highly illustrated, comprehensive yet practical guide provides a complete, highly visual, step-by-step guide to using the Laryngeal Mask Airway. Containing over 250 top quality photographs accompanied by over 100 line diagrams, anatomy and technique are clarified for the reader in a uniquely visual way. In addition, the images are supplemented with comprehensive background information made highly accessible with textual summaries and key points. The text will also highlight common pitfalls and give guidance on how to avoid them. Boxed case histories will be integrated throughout the book to demonstrate the clinical scenarios and applications of the LMA. The second edition contains essential information and guidelines on basic and advanced uses of the LMA in anesthesiology, with emphasis on its role in management of the difficult airway and resuscitation. Laryngeal Mask Anesthesia: Principles and Practice, second edition, will continue to be an invaluable resource for all those who need to understand, implement and expand their use of this valuable and innovative airway management device.
- Provides an illustrative guide to both the common and the more difficult concepts being discussed using superb illustrations and a clear, easy to follow layout.
- Incorporates algorithms from the American Society of Anesthesiologist's guidelines.
- Covers a broad basis of understanding the LMA, including history, theoretical concepts and future directions for the device; complete anatomical, physiological and pathophysiological basis for use of the device; and a wide range of models and types.
- Illustrates clinical information on use of the LMA in pediatric and neonatal patients as well as in adults!
- Demonstrates clinical application of concepts through use of case histories.
- Highlights key points and references throughout.
- 17 new chapters, including: Co-existing disease, Specialized LMAs, Veterinary use, Skill acquisition, Other extraglottic airway devices, History, Equipment, Pathophysiology, Seal with respiratory and gastrointestinal tracts, Conduit to the respiratory and gastrointestinal tracts, Anesthesia - Pre-anesthesia phase, Anesthesia - Placement phase, Anesthesia - Maintenance phase, Anesthesia - Emergence phase, Resuscitation, Intensive care medicine, Problems