Arrives in 3-7 Business Days
An easy-to-use guide that shows how to read, understand, and do proofs.
- Shows how any proof can be understood as a sequence of techniques.
- Covers the full range of techniques used in proofs, such as the contrapositive, induction, and proof by contradiction.
- Explains how to identify which techniques are used and how they are applied in the specific problem.
- Illustrates how to read written proofs with many step-by-step examples.
- Includes new, expanded appendices related to discrete mathematics, linear algebra, modern algebra and real analysis.