Arrives in 3-7 Business Days
The fourth edition of Culture of Animal Cells: A Manual of Basic Technique offers the most complete training manual of its kind on the fundamental principles and techniques of animal cell culture. Within this volume, indispensable updates reflecting the latest progress in media, specialized techniques, biotechnology, DNA transfer, and tumor culture have been made. This edition has five new chapters expanding on serum-free media, scale-up and biofermentors, molecular techniques, immortalization, and troubleshooting.
The advantages of tissue culture go beyond control of the physiochemical environment and physiological conditions as shown in the comprehensive coverage of tissue culture topics, both organ culture and cell culture, provided in this manual. A wide range of essential information from basic to specialized procedures is presented, highlighting advantages and limitations, and illustrating the properties of different types of culture.
This crucial reference for cell culture techniques includes:
* New Atlas of Cells section in full-color presentation
* Extended coverage of molecular techniques, scale-up, and serum-free medium
* New chapter on problem solving
* Photographs of cell lines, contaminations, and equipment
* Clear and concise tables and charts
* Educated recommendations on safety issues, ethical consent, and ownership
Biomedical researchers in cell biology, cytology, molecular biology, immunology, neuroscience, toxicology, and cancer biology will find Culture of Animal Cells: A Manual of Basic Technique, Fourth Edition to be an invaluable reference.