Arrives in 3-7 Business Days
Making your own investment decisions can be intimidating and overwhelming.
Now more than ever, people are taking control of their financial futures by learning how to invest their hard-earned cash. With the second edition of the bestselling Investing For Canadians For Dummies, the unbeatable author duo of Eric Tyson and Tony Martin show readers how to make the most of the stock market and other investment vehicles like mutual funds, bonds, and index funds.
Updated for the 2nd Edition
- Investment options: New material on asset allocation: what it is and why it's important
- Risks and returns: New material on the often confusing concept of risk and how understanding it can help you make wiser investing choices
- RRSPs: New information on RRSP grants, updated material on dollar cost averaging
- Researching stocks: Expanded material on earnings per share and dividend yield
- Borrowing money: Expansion and updates on coverage of high-interest rate accounts and money market funds
- Mutual funds: New material on exchange traded funds, including holding funds in an RRSP, Canadian content rules, and clone funds
- Investing in real estate: Expanded coverage of this popular new investment tool
- Plus new material on small business and investing resources
For Dummies' success lies in how the books tackle a given topic. Rather than overwhelm the reader with complicated information, For Dummies books tell you just what you need to know to learn a given skill, in plain English (no fancy long-winded words) and with a dose of irreverent humour. Lighthearted, but not lightweight, the For Dummies series empowers readers to meet and master challenges in their lives whether it be managing finances, cooking a gourmet meal, or finding a job. Series features such as cartoons, humorous icons, and the Part of Tens, guarantee they'll have lots of fun doing it, too.