Arrives in 3-7 Business Days
Developing true innovations and bold new products is a challenge in today's business environment, leading many companies to shift toward smaller, less ambitious innovation attempts. In this book, Dr. Cooper reveals the critical success factors in product innovation and outlines Stage-Gate, the most widely-used roadmap for successfully launching new products to market. Cooper also brings key insights on picking the right projects, on how top innovators have adapted the Stage-Gate process, and how you can be 'Winning at New Products'.
Dr. Cooper returns with this updated and expanded 4th edition, highlighting new research findings and revealing the best practices in product innovation. Cooper illustrates the differences that exist in innovation performance and teaches you the critical success factors your organization can be implementing today to achieve stellar performance.
Discover Stage-Gate - the conceptual and operational map for moving new product projects from idea to launch - and learn how top performing companies have improved and evolved the system. Additionally, learn how to make smart decisions with your product portfolio and the methods and techniques that drive effective resource allocation and yield the right balance and mix of products. New products remain the key to corporate prosperity: learn how to implement these practices and achieve the bold innovations that drive corporate revenues, market shares, and bottom lines.
Learn what distinguishes winning new products:
- The latest research findings on why new products fail
- New-product project success factors that yield big winners
- Drivers of success that distinguish successful innovators
- The Stage-Gate process: a world-class idea-to-launch product innovation system
- Critical pre-development activities that dictate new-product success or failure
- Development and testing actions that achieve a successful product launch
- Strategic portfolio management techniques to translate innovation strategy into reality
- Resource allocation tools and methods to maximize the value of your product portfolio
- Gatekeeping best practices to move good projects forward rapidly and effectively
- Scalable versions suited for different risk levels, sizes, and types of projects
- Next-generation Stage-Gate systems for increased efficiency and continuous improvement
- Tactical approaches to accelerate the Stage-Gate process