Arrives in 3-7 Business Days
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind is one of the most widely discussed and thought-provoking films of recent years.
This is the first book to explore and address the philosophical aspects of Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind. Beginning with a helpful introduction that places each essay in context, specially commissioned chapters examine the following topics:
- philosophical issues surrounding love, friendship, affirmation and repetition
- the role of memory (and the emotions) in personal identity and decision-making
- the morality of imagination and ethical importance of memory
- philosophical questions about self-knowledge and knowing the minds of others
- the aesthetics of the film considered in relation to Gondrys other works and issues in the philosophy of perception
Including a foreword by Michel Gondry and a list of further reading, this volume is essential reading for students interested in philosophy and film studies.