Arrives in 3-7 Business Days
Philosophy for A2: Unit 4 is the definitive textbook for students of thecurrent AQA Advanced Level syllabus for philosophy. Structured very closely around the AQA specifications for Unit 4: Philosophical Problems, Michael Lacewing helps students to engage with and understand the arguments of the five key texts:
- Hume's An Enquiry Concerning Human Understanding
- Plato's The Republic
- Mill's On Liberty
- Descartes' Meditations
- Nietzsche's Beyond Good and Evil.
All chapters are helpfully subdivided into short digestible passages, and include:
- quiz questions to test core knowledge
- discussion questions to deepen understanding
- 'going further' sections for advanced study
- text boxes highlighting key definitions and arguments
- cross-references to help students make connections.
In addition, a chapter on exam preparation contains a wealth of helpful hints and tips on revision and exam techniques.
Written by an experienced philosopher and A Level consultant, Philosophy for A2: Unit 4 is an essential companion for all students of A2 Level philosophy.