Arrives in 3-7 Business Days
Covering all key Eastern European states and their history right up to the collapse of communism, this second edition of Eastern Europe in the Twentieth Century And After is a comprehensive political history of Eastern Europe taking in the whole of the century and the geographical area.
Focusing on the attempt to create and maintain a functioning democracy, this new edition now:
- examines events in Bosnia and Herzegovina
- includes a new consideration of the evolution of the region since the revolutions of 198991
- surveys the development of a market economy
- analyzes the realignment of Eastern Europe towards the West
- details the emergence of organized crime
- discusses each state individually
- includes an up-to-date bibliography.
Eastern Europe in the Twentieth Century And After provides an accessible introduction to this key area which is invaluable to students of modern and political history.