Arrives in 3-7 Business Days
When Henry VIII died in 1547 he left a church in England that had broken with Rome - but was it Protestant? The English Reformation was quite different in its methods, motivations and results to that taking place on the continent.
* examines the influences of continental reform on England
* describes the divorce of Henry VIII and the break with Rome
* discusses the political and religious consequences of the break with Rome
* assesses the success of the Reformation up to 1547
* provides a clear guide to the main strands of historical thought on the topic.