Arrives in 3-7 Business Days
A must-have manual for anyone working with instruments in the clinical environment! Instrumentation for the Operating Room: A Photographic Manual, 9th Edition provides a practical, true-color guide to todays most commonly used surgical instruments. A reader-friendly format includes clear instructions on preparation, sterilization, and setup, and goes beyond other books in showing not only individual instruments but also instruments in sets according to surgical procedure. This edition includes 13 new chapters as well as many new photographs throughout the book. Written by an experienced perioperative nurse, Shirley Tighe, this resource includes more than 1,000 photographs of instruments and instrument tips in the book and on the Evolve companion website ? thats more than any other manual!
- Over 800 photographs in the book show both individual and sets of instruments, including whole instruments and instrument tips, to help in distinguishing between similar types.
- Instrument Preparation for Surgery unit discusses the importance of proper instrument handling and sterilization, including proper placement within sterilization trays.
- Entire unit on female reproductive surgery focuses on a key area not well covered in other books.
- Excellent quality of photos is enhanced by a consistent background to show the detail and true color of the instruments.
- A logical organization covers instruments by surgical procedures, beginning with simpler surgeries and progressing to more specialized instruments and their setups.
- Coverage of instrumentation addresses a single surgery in each chapter, showing instruments first as a set, then displaying them individually, and featuring instrument tips as appropriate.
- Spiral-bound format allows the book to lay flat for easier access while on the job.
- Six NEW chapters are included in the updated Genitourinary Surgery unit.
- NEW photographs are added to the Neurosurgery unit.
- NEW! Evolve companion website includes photographs and images of less common procedures.