Arrives in 3-7 Business Days
Gain meaningful practice working at the Mountain View Clinic virtual medical practice, where you will encounter 15 unique patient scenarios and the various payments, billing situations, and common coding errors that accompany them. This immersive online experience and its coordinating study guide lessons will encourage you to apply what youre learning in the main Health Insurance Today text as you collect information from a variety of sources and make decisions about how each case should be coded and billed. The five videos are included for each case one at check-in, three in the exam room, and one at check-out giving you ample opportunities to practice and learn how patients are processed through the medical office from check-in to check-out.
- 15 unique cases are each designed to highlight a combination of medical assisting competencies as defined by CAAHEP and ABHES as well as set up specific exercises that will expose users to different payers, different billing situations, and common coding errors.
- 5 videos in each case (one at check-in, three in the exam room, and one at check-out) give users ample opportunities to practice and learn how patients are processed through the medical office from check-in to check-out.
- Simple navigation features an interface that has been tested and designed.
- Medical records, office policy manual, fee schedule, and daysheet for each case exposes users to realistic information resources and prepares them to manage data.
- Detailed office tour thoroughly introduces users to working with the VMO software.
- Study guide lessons that correlate reading assignments with patients in the virtual practice engage users at the visual level and enhance the content in the textbook for true retention of material.
- 20-30 minute study guide lessons focus on a few objectives to give users the opportunity to plan study time.
- HIPAA reinforcement is woven through out the policy manual, videos, and contents of each cases medical record.
- NEW! Updated content reflects changes in the new 5th Edition of Health Insurance Today.