Arrives in 3-7 Business Days
Taking all the expert nursing content and student-friendly features of Potter and Perrys Fundamentals text and streamlining it into a shorter format, Essentials for Nursing Practice, 8th Edition is the perfect choice to help busy nursing students master all the fundamental nursing principles in less time! This new 8th edition contains the nursing principles, concepts, skills, and easy-to-follow format that nursing students have come to love about Potter and Perrys Basic Nursing ? all updated with the latest information, visuals, and learning features. Plus, this reinvigorated Essentials text is streamlined and re-designed to work better with the rest of your books. It also comes with a wide array of online learning tools (free with book purchase) to help you master the important nursing concepts and skills with ease.
- Progressive case studies are introduced at the beginning of the chapter and are then used to tie together the care plan, concept map, clinical decision-making exercises, and QSEN scenarios.
- Safety guidelines for nursing skills sections precede each skills section to help you focus on safe and effective skills performance.
- Nursing skills at the end of each chapter feature full-bleed coloring on the edge of the page to make them easy to locate.
- UNIQUE! Clinical Decision-Making exercises coordinate directly with the progressive case study presented in the chapter.
- Focused Patient Assessment tables include actual questions to help you learn how to effectively phrase questions to patients as well as target physical assessment techniques.
- Evaluation boxes bring everything together after nursing interventions have been implemented.
- Patient Teaching boxes help you plan effective teaching by first identifying an outcome, then developing strategies on how to teach, and finally, implementing measures to evaluate learning.
- Care of the Older Adult boxes highlight key aspects of nursing assessment and care for this growing population.
- NEW! QSEN scenarios present a clinical situation followed by an open-ended question designed to help you understand and apply these core competencies.
- NEW! Chapter on professional nursing includes information on QSEN, prioritization, delegation, and professional levels.
- NEW! Completely revised review questions contain a strong mix of clinical thinking and application-level questions.
- NEW! Content on the impact of exercise covers its influence on disease reduction, compassion fatigue, lateral violence, cyber bullying, social media implications, caregiver strain, and safe patient handling.
- NEW! Expanded use of Evidence-Based Practice boxes include a PICO question, summary of the results of a research study, and a description of how the study has affected nursing practice ? in every chapter.
- NEW! Patient-Centered Care boxes address racial and ethnic diversity along with the cultural differences that impact socioeconomic status, values, geography, and religion. These will related to the chapter case studies when possible.