Arrives in 3-7 Business Days
One of the most complete nursing education learning systems available, Virtual Clinical Excursions is an online program that guides you through a virtual hospital where the patients are real and their conditions are constantly changing. By immersing students in a realistic, yet safe, nursing environment, VCE simulates the average clinical rotation by allowing users to conduct a complete assessment of a patient and set priorities for care, collect information, analyze and interpret data, prepare and administer medications, and reach conclusions about complex problems. Each lesson has a textbook reading assignment and activities based on visiting the patients in the hospital providing a perfect environment to practice what you are learning.
- Online workbook includes a set of lessons to prepare and guide you through a variety of patient scenarios, which are all connected to your textbook.
- Physical examination interactions include unique images and assessment findings for each patient scenario.
- Patient chart provides quick access to vital information such as physicians orders, laboratory reports, patient education, nursing admission, and more, offering a richly detailed portrait of the patient.
- Electronic patient record houses data from the patients entire hospital stay and offers the ability to record new data findings.
- Nurse-client interaction videos depict conversations and situations involving nurses, patients, family members, and hospital staff to help you discern between communications that are ideal and those that need improvement.
- Updated drug reference includes a comprehensive set of the latest drug monographs to help you make the best clinical judgments involving medication administration.
- NEW! Online format enables you to access Virtual Clinical Excursions from any PC or MAC with an internet connection.
- NEW! Laboratory guide provides standard value ranges for all laboratory values offered within the virtual patient hospital, so you can confirm and compare standard lab values against your patients test results.