Arrives in 3-7 Business Days
This popular pocket-sized reference provides the latest guidelines on arrhythmia detection and identification all in a fast, easy-to-use format. Its concise presentation provides users with a reference for study of ECG recognition, mechanism, pathophysiology, clinical implications, pediatric considerations, bedside diagnosis, emergency treatment, and long-term cures. As always, users can count on the organization and chapter titles being consistent with those in the pocket guide's sister text, Conover: Understanding Electrocardiography, 8th Edition.
- Places the diagnosis and treatment of arrhythmias and cardiac emergencies in compact outline form.
- Gives users all the important, accurate information of its sister text, Understanding Electrocardiography, 8th Edition, including ECG recognition, mechanism, pathophysiology, clinical implications, pediatric considerations, bedside diagnosis, emergency treatment, and long-term cures in an outline format that allows for quick and easy retrieval.
- Provides essential information on pediatrics whenever applicable throughout entire text.
- Includes an illustration of the heart which depicts step-by-step activation related to ECG.
- Explains the mechanisms of arrhythmias in a clear and concise manner with illustrations.
- Provides all forms and aspects of atrial flutter in an easy-to-use outline format.
- Presents bedside diagnosis information which helps nurses make an effective physical evaluation.
- Describes appropriate medical responses in clear terms (for example, response to paroxysmal supraventricular tachycardia).
- Chapters are revised to incorporate the new American Heart Association Guidelines and new treatment modalities.
- Congenital Long QT Syndrome (Chapter 26) is extensively revised to reflect new information on genetic codes and the inherited and often fatal ECG anomaly.
- Acquired Long QT Syndrome (Chapter 27) is extensively revised. This potentially lethal condition is created by an ever-expanding list of cardiac (and non-cardiac) drugs.
- Brugada Syndrome (Chapter 28) is revised to include new genetic information.
- Atrial Fibrillation (Chapter 8) has been completely rewritten to include more information on this growth industry of the 21st century, as well as the potential cure with focal ablation.
- The Athlete's ECG (Chapter 21) is a new chapter that shows how intense physical training is associated with ECG patterns that are a consequence of physiologic adaptations of the heart.