Arrives in 3-7 Business Days
This one-of-a-kind text bridges the gap between basic biochemistry, molecular and cell biology, and organ and systems physiologyproviding rich, clinically oriented coverage of the subject. It presents information in an intuitive, user-friendly fashion, continually emphasizing how cell biology concepts apply to physiological processes.
- Uses discussions of molecular mechanisms to lay a foundation for understanding therapeutic interventions.
- Provides frequent examples from systems physiology, pharmacology, and pathophysiology to underscore the clinical implications of the material.
- Includes discussions of recently discovered molecular mechanisms to offer an up-to-date grasp of the field.
- Offers comprehensive discussions of transport processeswhich are integral to all physiological processes, yet are neglected in many other cell biology texts.
- Sets mathematical derivations apart in special boxes, so they do not interrupt the flow of the text but are available for reading if desired.
- Features an extensive appendix that includes multiple-choice review questions with answers, a review of mathematical techniques, and a summary of basic circuit theory.