Arrives in 3-7 Business Days
There is an art to capturing a photo that tells a story. You need to know what belongs in the frame and what to leave out, what to emphasize in the photo that adds to the story, and how to use light, shape, and color all to express meaning while lending aesthetic value to the image itself. Vincent Laforet
This beautiful book contains full-color spreads, with scene details and technical information to help tell the visual stories of larger-than-life life events such as Hurricane Katrina, the Olympic Games, and the war zone of Pakistan. With over 100 photos included, you will gain important insights into how you can achieve similar looksblending what the camera does with the stories you want to tell.
- Learn how the principles of photojournalism can be applied to telling stories with a single image.
- Use light, shape, and color to create rich photos that tell the story as well as add sensitivity to beauty and emotion.
- Learn how the relationship between foreground and background can be used to creatively produce images with strong impact, and choose lenses based on this discovery.
- Understand the value of an image and convey a more in-depth story of the subject in any genre of photography, including landscapes, close-ups, portraits, action shots, aerials, and more.
- Receive an up-close and personal view of the author and his work by watching over 60 videos on the accompanying DVD.