Arrives in 3-7 Business Days
Enhance Fundamental Value and Establish Competitive Advantage with Leadership Agility
Whether youre leading an organization, a team, or a project, Stand Back and Deliver gives you the agile leadership tools youll need to achieve breakthrough levels of performance. This book brings together immediately usable frameworks and step-by-step processes that help you focus all your efforts where they matter most: delivering business value and building competitive advantage.
Youll first discover how to use the authors Purpose Alignment Model to make better up-front decisions about where to invest limited resourcesand how to filter out activities that dont drive market leadership. Next, youll learn how to collaborate in new ways that unleash your organizations full talents for innovation. The authors offer the Context Leadership Model for understanding the unique challenges of any project, and they help you tailor your leadership approach to address them. Youll find a full chapter on organizing information to promote more effective, value-driven decision-making. Finally, drawing on decades of experience working with great leaders, the authors focus on a critical issue youll face over and over again: knowing when to step up and lead, and when to stand back and let your team produce results.
- Effectively evaluating, planning, and implementing large system projects
- Reducing resistance to process improvements
- Bringing greater agility to the way you manage products, portfolios, and projects
- Identifying the tasks that dont create enough value to be worth your time
- Developing the forms of collaboration that are crucial to sustaining innovation
- Mitigating project risks more effectivelyespecially those associated with complexity and uncertainty
- Refocusing all decision-making on delivering value to the organization and the marketplace
- Making decisions at the right time to leverage the best information without stifling progress