Arrives in 3-7 Business Days
If you have any interest in writing .NET programs using Active Directory or ADAM, this is the book you want to read.
Joe Richards, Microsoft MVP, directory services
Identity and Access Management are rapidly gaining importance as key areas of practice in the IT industry, and directory services provide the fundamental building blocks that enable them. For enterprise developers struggling to build directory-enabled .NET applications, The .NET Developers Guide to Directory Services Programming will come as a welcome aid.
Microsoft MVPs Joe Kaplan and Ryan Dunn have written a practical introduction to programming directory services, using both versions 1.1 and 2.0 of the .NET Framework. The extensive examples in the book are in C#; a companion Web site includes both C# and Visual Basic source code and examples.
- Learn to create, rename, update, and delete objects in Active Directory and ADAM
- Learn to bind to and search directories effectively and efficiently
- Learn to read and write attributes of all types in the directory
- Learn to use directory services within ASP.NET applications
- Get concrete examples of common programming tasks such as managing Active Directory and ADAM users and groups, and performing authentication
Experienced .NET developersthose building enterprise applications or simply interested in learning about directory serviceswill find that The .NET Developers Guide to Directory Services Programming unravels the complexities and helps them to avoid the common pitfalls that developers face.